Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Where I am now.

"If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else." - Yogi Berra

This is one of those quotes I've never fully understood. Is it about the importance of setting goals and working toward them, or letting life take you for a ride because it's impossible to expect all of your plans to come true?

Whatever Mr. Berra meant by his words, they aren't always comforting to a 20-something trying to navigate adulthood, especially coming from one of the most successful Yankees - and people - of all time.

Still, I do find that I feel most in control of my life when I am reflecting upon how I have handled experiences in the past, how those choices and experiences have shaped the way I feel today, and how I can apply what I've learned to figure out, first, what experiences may make me happy in the future, and second, what I can do to make those things happen.

I started this blog two years ago. I can't believe how far it's come since then. Like the life which it reflects, Mug for Thought has been an exploration of interests, opinions and experiences. Also like my life, it's not quite where I want it to be yet. So, I'm doing all I can, thinking about what's worked, and what hasn't, and how I can apply that understanding to future decisions.

I finally published my About my Work page for the site today. The page, much like this post and MFT overall, is my best attempt at a summary of what I've accomplished so far professionally, personally, and creatively and some of my big picture goals for the future.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm beginning to learn where I've come from, and where I am now, and for me, that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment