Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Commercial Round-Up: My Top Three



What's Mug for Thought without a Glee update in some form? The show was a major theme of this year's Super Bowl, from Lea Michele opening the event with her stellar rendition of "America the Beautiful" to "The Sue Sylvester Shuffle" episode which followed the game, resuming the show's second season. This full commercial actually aired during Glee rather than the Super Bowl, yet was promoted throughout the game and was nice to see after all the typical, male-targeted commercials. In reading a review of "The Sue Sylvester Shuffle," I learned that the commercial was also a homage to a classic 1950's Chevrolet advertisement.



A montage of scenes from my favorite television shows will always win me over, no pun intended. Note another Glee reference here.

Best of all:



Who didn't want to be a kid again after seeing this commercial? The television spot definitely succeeded in tapping into my emotions, and someone who has always been interested in advertising, I know that to always be a sponsor's primary goal.

I hope you enjoyed these commercials as much as I did. May the Force be with you.

2 comments:

  1. The Darth Vader commercial is one of the cutest things EVER. When my younger son was little, he'd always hold up his arms like he was using the force when we'd approach automatic doors. It never ceased to amaze him when they'd slide open at his bidding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys get to have so much more fun than girls growing up, don't they? It's not fair at all. :)

    ReplyDelete