Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Poll: If J.K. Rowling writes another book set in the Harry Potter universe, who should it be about?

Poll: If J.K. Rowling writes another book set in the Harry Potter universe, who should it be about?

I like the idea of J.K. Rowling possibly (!) writing more Wizarding World books from another character's perspective.

I voted in the poll (link above) that she should write them about Lily (Evans) and James Potter. When I read the earlier books in the series, I wanted to know more about Lily and James, especially their family life with Harry until he was one year old. As the stories continued, some of my favorite scenes were the flashbacks to James and Lily as children and Hogwarts students.

While I wait to hopefully read more about Harry's parents, I'll look forward to the two remaining movies - one of which opens this Friday!

By the way, whatever happened to the Dursleys?

2 comments:

  1. Don't hate me: But I've never read the books...but I've seen all the movies. I'll probably see this one, if not in theatres, on DVD. I'm just not HUGE on Potter like some people. I didn't read them when I was younger, because they were presented as children's books and since I wasn't a child, I didn't bother.

    I know those who covet the books don't like the movies much, but I thnk they're good.

    But to defend myself, I read a lot - I'm not one of those "I'll just rent the movie" types. But with Harry Potter I am...same with Lord of The Rings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Allison! You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion! I love the Harry Potter books but I'm not obsessed - I don't remember every single reference in the books like some fans. And I could not get into Lord of the Rings (books or movies) at all.

    ReplyDelete