Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Other Songs I'm Thinking About

"Can't read my, can't read my, no you can't read my poker face, she's got to love nobody." - Lady Gaga

"I woke up in a car, I traced away the fog so I could see the Mississippi on her knees,
I've never been so lost, I've never felt so much at home, please call my folks and throw away my keys." - Something Corporate

"Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby?" - The Carpenters

"As I'm swimming through the stereo I'm writing you a symphony of sound, it's like I wrote every note with my own fingers." - Jack's Mannequin

The Playlist:
1. "Rainy Days on Mondays" by the Carpenters
2. "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga
3. "I Woke Up in A Car" by Something Corporate
4. "Superstar" by the Carpenters
5. "The Mixed Tape" by Jack's Mannequin
6. "The World is Not Enough" by Garbage
7. "Somebody to Love" by the Glee cast: Music die-hards may scoff at the idea that I have picked this cover rather than the original version by Queen. I chose this cover because I think it better captures what it's like to feel alone in "this prison cell" at times, at least for myself.

Sorry for all of the 20-something angst today, but thinking about these songs actually makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment