Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lady Gaga Tweets I Love: My Take

"In a Pub in England, ruining bar napkins with lyrics and memories. Dreams are never weak like we are, drunk or sober." - 05/26/10

I don't agree with all of the choices Lady Gaga has made, but I love the idea of and quotes about following your dreams, and this quote's vulnerability resonated with me. I replied to Lady Gaga: "That tweet itself is worthy of incorporation into one of your songs."

These is another favorite:

"I have dreamt a lifetime to get on this flight to New York. I don't care if its summer. Leather, high heels, and a bad attitude. Here I come." - 06/5/10

Again, like Gaga's music, these quotes capture a longing to be accepted and make a difference in the world, something idealists like me dream about. Maybe I'm stretching her messages a bit, but that's why they resonate with me. I like to think that someone as confident with who she is and what she thinks as Lady Gaga could have the same anxieties as a quiet, nerdy girl like myself. I hope my writing allows my best self to come through...I'm working on it!

Follow Lady Gaga on Twitter! @ladygaga

No comments:

Post a Comment