Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Holiday and "Best of the Year" Seasons Begin!

With the arrival of Thanksgiving next week, the holiday season begins! I'm so excited about all of the annual traditions to come in the remaining weeks of 2009. Among my favorite things to do at this time of year, I enjoy immersing myself within the plethora of year-in-review magazine issues released and television specials broadcast. I even incorporated this quirky interest into my college admissions essay, which remains my favorite writing piece of all time.

These past two weeks, Oxford University Press announced its choices for Place of the Year and Word of the Year. It's been a great experience interning at OUP, and being a part of the dialogue related to the company's choices for Word and Place of 2009 have been especially fun for this list enthusiast.

I'll share more links and commentary related to "Best of 2009" and "Best of the 2000s" compilations as they develop, and also choose my own picks for the bests and worsts of the year and decade. Until then, I hope you enjoy reading about Oxford's choices for Word and Place of the Year! Have a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment